At a young age I remember being able to draw things and make them look exactly like the picture or item, without tracing! My dad was very artistic and had studied to be a commercial artist. His detailed drawings of rugged, working cowboys with their cigarettes hanging on the edge of their mouth were fascinating to me. He could intricately depict their personalities so they seemed to come alive! The thought of one day being a commercial artist truly fascinated me and became a dream that I hoped to someday realize.
Now, as I pursue an artistic career, those memories of my dad’s drawings are inspirational and provoking me on to excellence. When my youngest child graduated high school, I suddenly had many opportunities for nurturing my artistic talent which has literally jumped at the chance to reawaken and I’ve been painting and drawing with great passion ever since!
I create in many different types of art mediums, especially watercolor, pen and ink, illustration, surface pattern design, and children’s book illustration. Keep checking my galleries here as I regularly update and add new art work.
Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to collaborate…I would absolutely love it! 🙂
Thank you for visiting my website!
Yours Truly, Kelly Frohnauer
Some Fun Facts About Me:
- I live in a small town named Merlin located in southern Oregon, U.S.A.
- I have 5 children. All were born at home and homeschooled through high school.
- My favorite colors are blue, purple and green.
- I love cats and currently have two, both female. One a long hair calico and the other is a long hair grey and white with a wild and playful personality.
- I like to hike in the forest, relax at the river, go to the ocean, draw, paint, listen to worship music, play with my granddaughters, gather and dry my own herbs for tea and medicine.
- I have been a traditional midwife attending home births since 1986 and have participated in around 200 births.
- I have my own home business manufacturing organic skin care products that has supported my family for the past 17 years. My skin care website is https://nfbotanicals.com